Thursday, October 11, 2007

Quick Intro

Hello All!
I signed up for this KAL because I have never, ever read Anne of Green Gables.
I'll pause for a moment while everyone gasps.
It's true.
I found out about this KAL from my friend Karoline and thought, well now's my chance to read the books! So here I am!
I downloaded the free recordings from LibriVox and even after listening to random people reading the book the magic of the story came through! And because I have to have books too - I am a true bibliophile - I got mine in the mail yesterday from Amazon, so I am quickly trying to catch up with everyone.
But I have to say there is something about which I am extremely disappointed: I feel completely cheated that I didn't read Anne years ago!
Has anyone else ever felt that way?
I still have to decide what to knit - and I've been ruminating on that for a bit, but I'll figure it out eventually, so no pictures to share just yet.
It's great to be a part of this KAL and meet people who love this story of Anne (with an "E" - there's no other way to spell it!).

2 comments:

meg said...

Not to worry- I'm not too shocked or dismayed :)
I didn't learn about Anne until I was in my mid-20's, when the mini-series came on, & didn't read the books for another 4 or 5 years!
I personally don't see these tales of Anne as "children's" books; the stories are appropiate for them- descriptive & fun- but the language & imagery is rather advanced for young children; I see them more as teens/young (or not-so-young) adult books, who would appreciate them most.

Paula said...

I am the same way. I have been an avid reader since childhood and yet these are books that I missed reading. I know I would have loved them then as I do now. I saw the film version a few times and just loved it. My image of Anne will always be Megan Follows. She played the part perfectly!