Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm so happy to have been invited!

Hello!

I am so happy to have found this lovely blog and KAL. This will be my first read and knit along, and my first KAL.
I first read the Anne of Green Gables books as a teen. They were sort of a natural succession to the Laura Ingalls Wilder series, which I devoured as a young girl, too! My niece is now reading the AGG series, and I am so happy she is. I absolutely love Lucy Maud Montgomery's works.
Because Anne Shirley is an orphan, I am going to knit something in honor of that, for orphans. I'm going to use the "Orphans for Orphans" sweater pattern in Knitting for Peace. (I am actually starting a Charity Knitting organization, to benefit orphans and children in war-torn countries, but thats a whole other topic!) This will be my 3rd large scale garment, as I jsut rediscovered knitting last year (although I've been crocheting since age 12 after I taught myself).
The yarn I am using is from Peace Fleece and it hasnt come yet, hopefully it will get here soon!
Looking forward to seeing what other fAnnes are knitting!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

What a wonderful idea!