Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm very excited to be a part of this blog and KAL! I've been reading and re-reading my set of Anne books for almost 40 years, and I think my daughters may still have a book or two from my set. They are getting very tattered and worn, so I think I'm entitled to a new set - but I will miss the original jacket art. When I was 14, I was lucky enough to visit PEI and seek out all things Anne, and I would love to return there someday. Ideas for the KAL keep popping into my head, the first was the horrible maroon 'wristers' that Aunt Mary Maria knitted for all of the children for Christmas in Anne of Ingleside. And of course there are Rachel Lynde's famous knitted quilts - were they cotton warp? - and the Tobacco King who offered to buy one right off the clothesline. Also the Spofford sisters who were never without their knitting - and I'm also reminded of Marilla's best shawl and her amethyst brooch. So many ideas!

No comments: