Friday, October 5, 2007

An Historic Mitten


I wanted to pass along a mitten pattern that would fit into the Anne KAL. I made this pair a few years ago. The pattern is quite simple. I prefer mittens like this that have the thumb coming out of the side (either hand) The kit is from Blackberry Woolen Mills. I just love the lace cuff. I'm sure Anne would like them! They are inspired by a pair of mittens in a historic Victorian home in Kansas. There is a little bit of silk in the yarn which gives it a very nice hand. They would be beautiful in a handspun as well. Enjoy!


4 comments:

teabird said...

I just went over and bought the pattern - it's lovely!

Paula said...

I'm glad you like it. I bought the grape and navy colors to make another pair but I believe the red and green will be hard to surpass.

meg said...

Those are really lovely & I agree that the lace cuffs are awesome

Tussilago said...

What wonderful mittens!!! here in Norway we have a lot of traditional patterns for knitting, mittens too. But they never look this lady-like;)I am not clever at reading english patterns, or else I would have liked to make these;))