Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hello!

Hi! I thought it was high time I introduce myself. :-) I'm Sarah, and I first read the Anne of Green Gables books when I was, oh, maybe in fourth or fifth grade? I remember I was home from school on a snow day and my mom MADE me start to read the first one. I loved to read but for some reason Anne just didn't appeal to me. But I started it just to humor Mom,
and, well, Mom was right -- I DID love the books. :-) I re-read them at least once a year until I got to college, and so now it's been probably ten years since I last read them. I've been thinking it was high time I get them down off the shelf and read them again, and this knitalong will be the perfect opportunity!

I'm not sure yet what I will knit, though I'm sure there must be something in my gigantic "to knit someday" queue that will fit the bill....

1 comment:

Braid said...

"mom MADE me start to read the first one. I loved to read but for some reason Anne just didn't appeal to me. But I started it just to humor Mom,
and, well, Mom was right -- I DID love the books."
--SAME thing happened with me! I remember leaving the first Anne book on the floorboard in the car for some time before I finally decided to take it in the house and read it (also just to humor my mom who had bought it for me because she thought I'd like it). I burned through the rest of the series. I loved them all so much!